Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Boy? Girl?

 


My friend was expecting her first baby and was going to find out the sex before birth. I begged and pleaded to do a "reveal cake" for her and her husband. I love the idea of this cake and wanted to do one for a long time. On the day of the ultrasound I got a text from her stating there was an envelope for me waiting on my front porch with the gender information. I think the reason why I liked this idea was that I got to know before the parents! I had this great secret that I had to keep (it actually gave me a head ache)! I can't tell you how many times I read the piece of paper with the words, "It's a ..." during the making of the cake. I was so afraid I would screw it up and some how add the wrong color, ruining this great reveal! The pressure made my head ache even worse! I made a 6" round white cake and put a few drops of food coloring in the batter. To ensure that no cake crumbs would show, I crumb coated the cake twice before icing with butter cream. Simple blue and pink question marks decorated the cake. Delivery of the cake was even more stressful than making it! I was so afraid I would accidentally reveal the gender if I chatted with my friend. I texted her that I was on my way and that I was not going to say a word to her (she laughed when I wouldn't even say "hi").   
My head ache finally subsided when I received a text with a picture of the cake.  Surprisingly a stressful cake, but so worth it.  I would do it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment