Saturday, July 23, 2011

Narnia Cake




I had the opportunity to do a Narnia cake for a birthday recently.  I had to Google Narnia for some ideas because it has been 20 some years since I've read the book and I've never seen the movie.  The Mom saw the Wizard of Oz cake I did and thought that would be a great look for her cake.  The street light at the bottom of the cake started the winding path that lead to the white castle on top.  I used an 8" and a 6" round cake and carved a path into it and used some scrap pieces to put together the castle.  I made the street light out of a wooden dowel, fondant, and yellow candy.  I had to make the street light and a few other decorations twice, the humidity that week was horrible and it did a number on my fondant and butter cream work.   The Mom supplied the figurines.

No comments:

Post a Comment